Our State Fair is a Great State Fair….Don’t Miss it…Don’t Even Be Late September 9, 2008Posted by mk in Uncategorized.
Tags: chris cagle, concerts, country music, funnel cakes, music, state fair, utah
1 comment so far
…..It’s dollars to donuts at our state fair. It’s the best state fair in our state.
I love the musical “State Fair.” That is completely irrelevant to the rest of this post but I thought I’d mention it. Particularly for S & D who I know appreciate a good musical.
I went to the Utah State Fair last night to see Chris Cagle. It was very good. I really enjoy concerts. Especially country shows. The entire genre impresses me because when you like someone on a CD or the radio, you know you will enjoy them live. What you hear recorded, is generally what you hear live. There are a few exceptions. But for the most part they are pretty straightforward. I’m sure you have all been to a show where you are disappointed because the sound is not what you thought it would be.
My top 5 (Good shows and also good artists)
- Counting Crows
- Rusted Root
- Elton John/Billy Joel
My worst 5 (I just expected so much more)
- Ben Folds Five (They just sounded really bad)
- Eric Clapton (Though there was no fault of his – it was the venue 100%)
- Journey (The new guy is no Steve Perry – and no one wants to hear the new stuff…stick to the hits)
- Nickelback (Just wasn’t a fan to begin with and was taken under duress)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers (I’ve heard they are normally good – I just saw them when they were too cold to move let alone sing and play instruments)