Don’t Forget to Vote November 4, 2008Posted by mk in Uncategorized.
Tags: biden, Elections 2008, mccain, obama, palin, politics, vote
add a comment
After a long last few months, the big day is finally here. This is going to be a historic election. For the first time in history, the US will have either a black man or a woman holding office in our executive branch. We have heard a lot of arguments for and against each candidate so now all I can say is: don’t forget to go out and vote. It is one of the most important things you can do in a Democratic nation. I’m on my way right now!
Education Isn’t Everything October 9, 2008Posted by mk in Uncategorized.
Tags: barack obama, biden, education, joe biden, john mccain, mccain, obama, palin, sarah palin
add a comment
This was forwarded to me this morning….
- Columbia University – B.A. Political Science with a Specialization in International Relations.
- Harvard – Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude
- University of Delaware – B.A. in History and B.A. in Political Science.
- Syracuse University College of Law – Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- United States Naval Academy – Class rank: 894 of 899
- Hawaii Pacific University – 1 semester
- North Idaho College – 2 semesters – general study
- University of Idaho – 2 semesters – journalism
- Matanuska-Susitna College – 1 semester
- University of Idaho – 3 semesters – B.A. in Journalism
Education isn’t everything, but this is about the two highest offices in the land as well as our standing in the world. You make the call.”
Sarah Palin Debate Flow Chart October 6, 2008Posted by mk in Uncategorized.
Tags: debates, Elections 2008, palin, politics, sarah palin
add a comment
This was very funny…. Courtesy of HuffingtonPost.com
Debates Tonight September 26, 2008Posted by mk in Uncategorized.
Tags: biden, debates, election 2008, mccain, obama, palin
1 comment so far
Tonight is the first presidential debate between Obama and McCain. Next Thursday (Oct. 2) is the VP debate between Biden and Palin. Be sure to watch. Only 40 more days until the elections.
The Experience Debate September 5, 2008Posted by mk in Uncategorized.
Tags: biden, election 2008, experience, mccain, obama, palin, politics
There has been a lot of debate surrounding the experience each candidate has. I have no opinions today. Just a recap of each candidate’s resume recounting what they’ve been doing since high school. You be the judge. I think Biden might be the winner in national leadership experience (I lied about not having an opinion) but that is just what the numbers appear to say to me.
The Presidential Candidates:
- 1980-1981 Occidental University
- 1982-1983 Columbia University
- 1983 Business International Corporation
- 1984 New York Public Interest Research Group
- 1985-1988 Community Organizer for Chicago – Director of Developing Communities
- 1988-1991 Harvard Law – President of Harvard Law Review
- 1992-2004 Taught at University of Chicago
- 1996-2004 Illinois State Senator
- 2004-present US Senator (IL)
- 1958 graduated US Naval Academy
- 1958-1981 Navy
- 1982-1986 House of Representatives (AZ)
- 1986-present US Senator (AZ)
The Vice-Presidential Candidates:
- 1983-1986 University of Idaho
- 1988-1992 Sports reporter, Fishing business with husband
- 1992-1996 City Council Member of Wasilla Alaska
- 1996-2002 Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska
- December 2006-present – Governor of Alaska
- 1961-1965 University of Delaware
- 1968-1969 Syracuse University Law
- 1970-1972 New Castle County Council
- 1973-present US Senator (DE)